1. Sometimes your equipment fails you. It’s important to focus on the positive components of the race, not the aspects that were out of your control.
2. Be polite to your competitors. You don’t by any means have to like them, but the respect and courtesy you show towards other boats says a lot more about your team than the number of medals you’ve won.
- It’s the absolute best way to spend time.
- Fun + physical fitness = pure joy
- It’s unique.
- Everyone can be involved.
- Races don’t require any running.
- Regatta weekends are the best weekends.
- You learn so much more than just “how to row.”
- Team bonds
- The bond between all rowers…
I brought home a gold in the women’s J4 & J8, along with a bronze in the V8, helping to win our team the championship cup in the women’s division!